Thursday, June 12, 2008

Narrow escape...

Well, if you've missed me-- I haven't updated the blog in a while because I had a computer crash. They always say its not a matter of if your hard drive will crash, but when. I was pretty lucky as I did get some warning and was able to get most of my stuff off of the computer. The crash forced me to make some decisions that I had been hoping to put off for a while... I finally made the switch from PC to MAC... well sorta :) I purchased a Dell pc and a MacBook pro. The biggest thing that this taught me was that while it is important to have data backed up... keeping a listing of all the applications and GETTING THEM ON DISK rather than downloading them is important. That's been my biggest nightmare and I'm still not fully back online with photoshop. Its been a costly process BUT I know that I am coming out stronger and more knowledgeable. Now as a result of the crash, I ended up corrupting an external drive-- so I still need to recover that data.I had focused so much attention on backing up what was on my internal hard drive that I missed backing up the external. That's mostly my personal files (which you can't put a price tag on)-- luckily I have most of these in other locations, but I still want that what's on there! Anyway, I'm slowly digging my way out and will be back to posting soon!

No comments: