Wednesday, April 9, 2008

A nifty knitting project...

I wanted to try to knit a stocking cap for the kids for next Christmas. Given the amount of spare time that I have to dedicate to "fun" projects, I figured I'd better start January 1st in order to have 3 done by Christmas. And the last hat I knitted was too short in the crown, so it didn't even cover Jacob's ears. Hey, I'm just learning :) So as my second project, I was brave... I based it off this free stocking cap pattern, but I changed it up a bit. I'm not so good at purling, so I decided that for the brim, I would just knit so that it would be a rolled brim. Then I used a pompon rather than a braid and tassel. I think it came out pretty cute. I did end up with a knitting injury-- I pinched a nerve in my left ring finger and couldn't feel the tip of it for about 2 days. Crazy! So 2 more to go. I'm thinking I'll do one in red and gray and the last one in either pink and green or dark green and light green. As you can see in these pictures, they are stretchy enough (its an adult pattern) to fit all three of them... so I thought it would be neat to take their pictures in their hat each year to show how they've grown.






No comments: