Tuesday, November 18, 2008

A rare occasion

It is rare that I have a photo that has one of the kids with Marc or myself, let alone Marc and I together. Two huge reasons... this time of year, I draw a firm line between work and home. The camera is work so it doesn't come out much for personal reasons. The other, I (and Marc, too) like to be behind the camera, not in front. For me, it reminds me of how old I look... people tell me often that I do not look old enough to have 3 children (I think they really mean not old enough to have an 8 year old), but I disagree. Just like Hannah, my immediate response to a camera used to be a huge ear to ear grin. Now that smile makes the wrinkled area around my eyes show that much more. So if you see me with a serious look in photos-- it isn't because I'm sad or mad... just avoiding the wrinkles. Wonder how long that will work? Aging SUCKS!

BTW-- we can thank Hannah, future photographer, for the lovely photos :)



No comments: