Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Paper Crafting...

So my girlfriends and I have started a "craft night" to be held once a month. It is really an excuse for us to get out of the house, chat, drink wine, and hopefully learn something new. To kick things off, I signed up to teach the first one. In honor of Valentine's Day, we made these cute paper topiaries as found on my new favorite blog, Heather Bailey's "HELLO my name is Heather" blog. She is just oozing with creativity and talent. So here's the link to the Globe Valentine Ornaments, but if you click on the "How To" tutorial link in the right column, you'll find the directions for the topiaries which aren't limited to Valentine's day, they're very cute for anytime.

Paper Globes

This globe turned out so cute (thanks to Trace-Ann generously giving me some of her beautiful paper) that Hannah wanted to take it to her teacher... she was so proud walking it to school today!





And the cute Valentine's tags can be found at Heather Ann Designs:

Valentine's Cards and Tags

We printed 10 to a sheet, cut them out, punched a hole in the edge, and tied them to little paper treat bags that the girls put together for their classmates. I know, I somehow turn even the simplest things (buying store bought Valentines and signing a name would have been too easy) into a project :0 We had fun, though!



No comments: