Monday, August 25, 2008

After two girls...

Two things about these pictures never happened with either of my girls. I always heard stories about little girls (or boys) sneaking off, being too quiet, and mom or dad discovering a child covered in lipstick, eyeshadow.... or magic marker. Through raising two girls, none of this happened. Monday-- today is a day off from photography for me-- so I try to spend the day with the kids. Jacob didn't nap today, so I was trying to catch up on some email while he was sitting quietly reading in a chair. He was very quiet, but I kept checking on him and all was well. The last time I checked on him, I saw him quickly toss something and when he turned to look at me-- I didn't know whether to laugh or scream. Here's what I saw:



And this was the culprit:



As you can see, I took him out to the deck to take these pictures... but the only way I got them was to let him bring his favorite toy and most prized possession, his metal Disney Cars backpack lunchbox full of his favorite cars. I have never seen a child so completely in love with something with wheels. His latest is to line them up in a row and make them crash off of whatever they are on-- in the picture above it was the grill ledge. He went to bed tonight in his cars pajamas with cars in the pockets of them!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

oh boy...why I am I having thoughts of hair bands with Jacob's magic marker mishap?

Stephanie said...

I know, right? He looks like he was trying to draw a star on his eye to look like one of those creatures from KISS!

Jennifer said...

that's exactly what I thought!!!!
Gene simmons in the making!
Could he be any cuter?