Monday, August 25, 2008

Playdate at the park



Last week we joined some friends for a play date at a park in Great Falls. This was the first time the kids had seen a Merry Go Round. They spent over an hour running and jumping on the big metal catastrophe in motion. Both of them ended up with banged up shins from running as hard as they could to get it going and then jumping on but not quite judging the distance and speed correctly. I tried to sit with Jacob in the middle, but only lasted a couple rides. My stomach is a bit weaker than when I was a kid! As you can tell in the pictures, they had a blast. However, a tired little guy took a tumble off the edge of one of the pieces of equipment and gave me quite a scare. It was no taller than a bed and he landed in mulch, but I wasn't quite sure whether he hit his head/neck on the pole on his descent. All was well, thank goodness!



No comments: