Friday, August 3, 2007

New toys and favorite toys...

Shortly after Jacob was born, we found that he loved to clutch something when as he was falling asleep or eating. I bought a few different animals for him to try. There are two, in particular, that he's loved from the start. One is Semmel (is that a name?) the bunny lovie, by the company Sigikid. He loves to nap with Semmel over his head or next to his face. I don't have a picture of him napping with Semmel, but I do have one with him riding in the stroller with him (below). The other favorite is Sandwich the cat by blabla kids. It's a colorful knit cat that is so soft. I used this one to put between my chest and Jacob when I was nursing him to keep him from scratching and pinching me. Now I put it next to him when we give him his bottle. He loves to hold onto the little legs and arms-- its the perfect size. One more link...my favorite online toy store is Oompa Toys-- they have great European toys and low shipping. We love the HABA and Hess wooden toys.

As for the new toys-- last week Marc and I officially made the committment to get into some sort of regular exercise. I promised him that I would give jogging a try-- this is a BIG step for me. I'm the kid that used any excuse possible in elementary school to avoid the physical fitness test in gym class. I also joined the track team when I was in high school to hang out with the cute boys, but when it came time for me to pick an event-- I was in big trouble. I ended up throwing the discus, but if you did a field event, you also had to do a running event. They stuck me running the 800m-- man was that a mistake. Believe it or not, there are people in the world who acutally do a full out sprint the entire way-- uggh! At about 200m, I was ready to collapse-- by the end I thought I was dying. It did get better, the more I practiced-- but the only thing keeping me from quitting was the cute boys. Lord knows why I thought they were worth the pain. Anyway, maybe the "cute boy" will keep me going in my jogging endeavor-- we'll see. I'll report back next week, after our first run. Anyway, so that we could include one of the kids-- most likely Jacob-- we bought a jogging stroller. The picture above is us taking it out for a test drive with Jacob-- he liked it :) The other pictures below are just fun ones. Jacob continues to teeth and drool, and has started grabbing everything in his reach. The other day Marc was holding him and drinking a Corona and Jacob kept grabbing the bottle and sticking it in his mouth. At least the kid has good taste!






No comments: